Last Updated on June, 2023
You are indeed a creative thinker if you are considering a Masterclass gift for your loved ones.
By gifting a Masterclass to your loved ones, you will introduce them to a whole other world of education.
More like edutainment. Your loved ones can explore a world of endless creative fields and re-discover themselves. You will be creating and nurturing more creative thinkers just like you.
So here’s a Masterclass gift guide that will take you through the process to make gifting easier.
Masterclass offers 3 subscription options (Individual, Duo, and Family) that you can gift.
The cost of each subscription plan is $15/month (Individual), $20/month (Duo), and $23/month (Family).
Masterclass provides world-class education focused on an edutainment aspect of knowledge and is worth giving as a gift.
- 1 Masterclass: Overview
- 2 Masterclass Subscription Options That You Can Gift
- 3 How Much Does it Cost to Gift a Masterclass?
- 4 Purchasing Masterclass as a Gift: A Step-By-Step Guide
- 5 When Does My Gift Recipient Gain Access to the Gifted Masterclass Subscription?
- 6 Editing/Changing the Masterclass Gift Details
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
- 8 Bottom Line: Is Masterclass Worth Giving as a Gift?
Masterclass is an online learning platform. Established in 2015 and owned by Yanka Industries Inc, Masterclass is headquartered in San Francisco.
It was founded by David Rogier, who was then a student at Stanford University. The website was launched in 2015 under the name Masterclass.
Masterclass is one of the most popular online learning platforms. It features world-renowned experts and celebrities as instructors addressing various categories of general interests.
Masterclass offers over 180+ classes on a variety of topics like arts, sports, entertainment, acting, directing, photography, politics, international affairs, culinary arts, films, television, music, dance, performing arts, business, publishing, writing, design and style, fashion, science, technology, gaming, home, architecture, lifestyle, health, environment, survival, travel, current events and trending topics, social issues and more.
Each course material features a series of high-quality video lessons and a downloadable workbook you can follow at your own pace.
To make learning more interactive and engaging, all Masterclass courses have ‘Sessions.’ Sessions are hands-on projects where students can apply their acquired knowledge in the real world.
Masterclass keeps adding more new courses at no extra cost to members. It provides world-class education focused on an edutainment aspect of knowledge.
Read my complete MasterClass review here.
Masterclass Subscription Options That You Can Gift
In the past, Masterclass has explored different annual membership options. But currently, Masterclass offers only 3 tiers of annual membership packages Individual, Duo, and Family. The following table outlines what you can expect from each subscription;
|Number of users who can access the account at the same time||1||2||6|
|Download for offline viewing||No||Yes||Yes|
|All 180+ classes across 11 categories||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Access to sessions by Masterclass||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Watch on your computer, TV, phone or tablet||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Bonus class guides and content||Yes||Yes||Yes|
These are the 3 masterclass gift options you can explore if you want to give Masterclass as a gift. All three subscription plans are an all-access pass to the entire Masterclass platform.
How Much Does it Cost to Gift a Masterclass?
Here’s a breakdown of how much an annual membership costs when giving Masterclass as a gift;
- Individual- $15 a month at $180 per year
- Duo- $20 a month at $240 per year
- Family- $23 a month at $276 per year
Read the complete MasterClass cost guide here.
Purchasing Masterclass as a Gift: A Step-By-Step Guide
If you’ve decided to purchase a Masterclass gift, here’s a step-by-step guide to walk you through the process.
Discount Alert: Every now and then, Masterclass runs a promotional 2-for-1 deal. If you can get hold of this deal, you can get Masterclass for yourself and gift Masterclass to your friends/ loved ones at zero extra dollars. Keep an eye out to get your hands on this deal.
Step 1- Choose the Gift Plan
To choose the Masterclass gift plan you want to give; first, you have to:
- Go to the Masterclass.com/gift
- Then click on ‘Give The Gift of Masterclass’ ( It is in the middle of the page)
- You can choose among Individual, Duo, and Family Masterclass gift options.
Step 2- Create a Masterclass Account
After you choose the gift membership option;
- Click on ‘Continue’ to move to the next step.
- You will now have a pop-up screen that asks you to ‘Create an account.’ You can use a Facebook or Google account or continue with an email address.
Step 3- Personalize the Gift
Now that you’ve created an account, you will be redirected to a page where you can customize the gift. On this page, you will have to;
- Enter the recipient’s email address and name.
- Add a personalized message (optional feature)
- Choose between ‘send immediately’ or ‘send on a date” (you can schedule a future date of delivery if you are planning to send the gift for a particular day)
- And click on ‘Continue.’
Step 4- Enter Payment Details
Clicking continue will take you to the final payment screen, where you can enter your payment details. You can pay using the following:
- Visa Card
- American Express
- Discover Card
As the final step, click ‘Place Secure Order’ to complete the checkout process.
Step 5- Complete Purchase
Once the payment has gone through, you will receive a confirmation email with a receipt.
Meanwhile, the gift recipient will receive an email (only if the gift was chosen to be sent immediately) with instructions on activating their gift. Now all that’s left is for the recipient to claim the gift.
When Does My Gift Recipient Gain Access to the Gifted Masterclass Subscription?
When you receive the confirmation email, your recipient will also receive the gift immediately. All that’s left is to redeem the gift, and the recipient can start learning. Redeeming the gift is simple.
The following steps will guide you through the gift redemption process.
- Access the email received from [email protected]
- Click on the link that says ‘Activate Gift’ and redeem the gift code
- This will prompt you to the page where you have to create an account or access an existing account
- You will be taken to the ‘Welcome Page’ confirming the gift activation.
And now the learning begins. Enjoy your Masterclass all-access pass for free!
Here are a few important things to take note of:
- If the recipient doesn’t find the Masterclass gift email in the inbox, check the junk, spam, and promotions folders (applicable to gmail users). If not found in any of those folders, check our FAQs for further troubleshooting.
- The annual access of the recipient’s free year of Masterclass begins as soon as the gift is activated. The recipient will have full access to the Masterclass platform for a whole year from the date of redemption. This is applicable for gifts outside promotions.
- The annual access period is non-refundable. No extensions will be given once the period expires. To gain the best out of Masterclass, it must be used from the activation time.
- Suppose you opt for a ‘2-for-1 Masterclass deal’. In that case, you can send the other membership as a gift anytime within 365 days from the date of purchase because it will expire 365 days after purchase.
- For the subscription’s auto-renewal, the recipient must enter valid payment details when creating the account.
Editing/Changing the Masterclass Gift Details
Giving a Masterclass to someone is a great gift idea. It inspires and encourages a person to learn, especially from world-renowned experts from various fields.
But what if you made a mistake and needed to correct the name, change the delivery time, or change the recipient altogether?
No worries if you are in this situation. Masterclass allows you to edit/ change such details and resend the gift. You can also check if the gift has been redeemed after sending it.
Note: This is applicable only if you have chosen the ‘Send on a date’ option when purchasing the gift.
Here’s how to edit/change the details of a masterclass gift;
- Log in to your Masterclass account.
- Go to the ‘Gifts’ option through the drop-down menu icon on the page’s top right corner.
- It will take you to the ‘Manage your gifts’ page. Here you can locate your gift from among your past Masterclass gifts. Click on the ‘Edit’ option located beside the gift.
- You can now make the necessary changes. Recipient’s name, email address, or delivery date.
- Then click on ‘Save and resend gift’ to send your gift.
You can find a column beside the ‘Edit’ option that says ‘Order status.’ To check if your gift has been redeemed, you can watch this. If the gift is activated, the order status will change from ‘Delivered’ to ‘Redeemed.’
There is another option besides ‘Edit’ as ‘Print Gift.’ If you click on this, you can print a tag with a QR code that will give you access to this gift. This option is handy if you want to physically give the gift as a Masterclass gift card.
Frequently Asked Questions
Bottom Line: Is Masterclass Worth Giving as a Gift?
A Masterclass membership gives unlimited access to the best online courses that can help build new skills.
Your gift recipient can explore video lessons to learn creative writing, cooking techniques, scientific thinking, ballet technique, poker strategy, space exploration, effective and authentic communication, fashion design, film scoring, and so much more.
A Masterclass gift subscription is a good gift for anyone because the recipient can enjoy the gift by taking free online classes for one whole year.
What other gift can continuously provide extreme value for such a long period? So YES, Masterclass is worth giving as a gift.
Was this article helpful?
Was this article helpful?